Cajun Chicken wrapped with bacon on Chimichurri Tagliatelle. Fold chicken breast horizontally and wrap slice of bacon around centre of breast and set aside with non-sealed side down. Rub salt, pepper, Cajun spice and brown sugar on both sides of chicken. Chop up green pepper onions celery and garlic place in skillet with bacon grease.
Marinate for as long as you have time for (up to overnight). Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Cajun chicken is a great recipe to prep ahead for busy evenings, leaving you set up for a super tasty and quick dinner. You can have Cajun Chicken wrapped with bacon on Chimichurri Tagliatelle using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken wrapped with bacon on Chimichurri Tagliatelle
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 4 rashers of bacon.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s of Chimichurri.
- It’s of Large bunch fresh parsley.
- You need of Small bunch fresh coriander.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small red chilli.
- You need 1/4 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of red or white wine vinegar.
- You need 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Tagliatelle.
- You need 2 of nests of shop bought tagliatelle per person.
- Prepare of Pan of boiling salted water.
- It’s of Butter or olive oil.
Serve with a simple green salad. Cajun Chicken can be served hot or cold. Process until a nice green sauce forms. Pour a ⅓ of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish, and spread around.
Cajun Chicken wrapped with bacon on Chimichurri Tagliatelle instructions
- For the Chimichurri, chop the parsley and coriander and put in bowl. Then add finely chopped or minced garlic cloves and chilli (deseeded). Add finely chopped red onion along with oregano, wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200 fan assisted. Add all the Cajun seasoning ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Set aside. Put chicken breasts into sealed food bags and beat with bottom of ladle to flatten breasts out. Then add spices to bag and ensure all coated well. Fold chicken breast horizontally and wrap slice of bacon around centre of breast and set aside with non-sealed side down..
- Heat pan with a little oil and quickly seal your chicken breasts on both sides before transferring to baking tray and cooking in oven for 18-20 mins..
- Boil tagliatelle as per pack instructions then drain and toss with a little olive oil or butter before mixing well with Chimichurri..
- Cut chicken breast down the middle (both for presentation and to check fully cooked) before serving on a bed of Chimichurri Tagliatelle..
See recipes for Cajun Chicken wrapped with bacon on Chimichurri Tagliatelle too. Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, pour the Cajun seasoning over top, then stir to coat the chicken in the spices. Once the skillet is very hot and the butter is melted and foamy, add the seasoned chicken pieces. The classic combination of chicken and bacon works in pies, risotto, stews, salads and bakes like our popular mustard-stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon. Season with Cajun seasonings on each side.