Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri. A restaurant-quality meal that will impress the entire family and have them begging for more. Flank steak seasoned and cooked to perfection with juicy tender shrimp coated in homemade chimichurri. This is the ultimate date night meal for two if you want to skip going out!
This sauce tastes great on anything, from empanadas to pizza, but the best use for it – and its original use by the cowboys down in Argentina – is for slathering on grilled meat. These Surf and Turf Kabobs with Chimichurri might just be my summertime staple this year. Seriously, pop everything in the food processor and call it a day. You can have Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri
- You need 2 of thick sirloin or ribeye steaks.
- You need 200 g of raw king prawns.
- It’s 150 g of tendersweet carrots.
- It’s 1 of aubergine (I used japaneese aubergine).
- Prepare 100 g of tender stem broccoli.
- You need of Olive oil for cooking.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Avocado chimichurri.
- You need 1 of small avocado.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare Half of lime.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red vine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare Handful of od chives.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
In the meantime, peel the shrimp by pulling the outer shell off starting from the legs. To devein the shrimp, simply cut a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the dark intestine. Chopped Iceberg lettuce and fresh mixed greens, with avocado, and diced tomatoes, mixed with a shallot dressing and topped with fried potato straws.. Seasoned with lemon pepper and served over our grilled seasonal vegetables.
Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri step by step
- Blend all the ingredients to make avocado chimichurri.
- Using new green scrubber pads scrub off delicate skin of the carrot. It's easily done..
- In the salty boiling water blanch broccoli for a minute. Cool it down straight away under cold water.
- Pierce the prawns on the skewers. Brush them with olive oil.
- Brush the steaks with the olive oil and cook them directly on Bbq (very hot). To cook them to medium well it should take about 4 – 5 min from each side (lid down). To cook it medium it should take around 3 min from both sides. It all depends from the tickeness of the steak..
- Place the carrots on the Bbq when turning the steak. Keep the lid closed..
- When steak is cooked to your liking take it off the Bbq and let it rest in warm place or on the plate covered with tin foil. I like to season my steak at this stage..
- Place aubergines, prawns and broccoli on the Bbq (high temp) Brush it all with olive oil..
- Cook it all for about 2 minutes from each side. Season with sea salt..
- Plate it up.
Choose any assortment of vegetables you love, season simply with olive oil and salt and pepper, grill, then add spoonfulls of chimichurri sauce for a side dish that can be served warm or at room temperature. Season flank steak with salt and pepper and place in the fridge. SURF & TURF TACOS steak – shrimp – crispy onions – radish – chimichurri sauce. PAN SEARED SNAPPER potato and vegetable hash – lemon chili sauce. GRILLED EGGPLANT & SAUTÉED VEGETABLES crispy polenta cakes – lemon caper vinaigree.