Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder. To make the chowder: Heat the bacon and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream cheese, chicken broth, half and half, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Cook bacon in a large pot until crisp. Remove from the pot and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Then I add in my chicken and bacon, stir and slowly drizzle in the milk. You can have Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion chopped very well.
- You need 1 of can of diced tomatoes with green chiles(14.5 oz).
- It’s 1 cup of corn(canned or frozen).
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 of slices of bacon cooked to crispiness and diced into small pieces.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chicken that had been cooked and diced.
- You need 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of tortilla chips to break into soup.
Bring to a boil and boil until desired thickness. Now, get ready for this luxurious Chicken, Bacon and corn chowder. Heat oil in a stockpot or large cast-iron pot over a medium heat. Add leek, bacon, celery and garlic.
Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder step by step
- Melt butter and sautee onion for 5-7 minutes in a large soup/stock pot. Add next 8 ingredients and simmer over low-medium heat until cream cheese is thoroughly melted..
- Add chicken, bacon and cheese to pot and continue to simmer another 5 minutes. Serve with crushed tortilla chips..
Add the water, stock, bay leaves, parsley stalks, potato and half of the corn. Chicken, Corn and Bacon Chowder This homemade chowder is packed full of great flavours and makes a tasty lunch or dinner served with fresh crusty bread. How to make chicken and corn chowder. Cook bacon until crispy; Take bacon out of the pot but leave the grease (this adds soo much flavor to the soup!); Sauté the onion and celery; Stir in the flour and cook it for about a minute to cook out that "flour" taste. The flour will help thicken the soup.