Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake. Search for ice cream roll cake. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Whisk on high speed with electric mixer until foamy; add cream of tartar and vanilla.
This rolled-up ice cream cake has always been a go-to birthday dessert at my house. We're big chocolate cake fans, and anything served with ice cream is a winner in my book. Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar. You can have Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake
- You need of CAKE.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 of large egg at room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of confectioners sugar for dusting.
- You need of FILLING.
- Prepare 6 cup of softened ice cream, I used chocolate chip.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 8 oz of chopped semi sweet chocolate.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need 12 of Lindor white cho chocolate truffles.
- You need 1/2 cup of colored sprinkles.
- It’s of SERVING SAUCES.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Coffee Cream Anglaise, recipe attached in step #16.
- You need 1 of recipe Hot Fudge Sauce recipe attached in step 16.
Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely. Ice Cream Party Roll This tempting take on the much-loved cake roll features a from-scratch chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream and a layer of berry jam. Garnished with hot fudge and whipped topping, the slices are hard to resist. Ice Cream Party Roll Recipe photo by Taste of Home Enjoy a delightful and tasty treat with this North Star Ice Cream Cake Roll.
Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll.pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt.
- . Separate egg yolks and egg whites into separate large bowls. Whites in one bowl, yolks in the other. Beat whites until foamy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks..
- Beat egg yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until thick and light, 2 to 3 minutes.fold in flour/chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes until.toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes on wire rack, meanwhile dust clean dry kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Run a small sharp knives around edges of cake to release any stuck pieces. Invert cake on prepared kitchen towel and carefully peel of parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel.using towel to roll.in long cylinder, cool on rack while preparing ice cream.
- Have ice cream.softened enough to be able to spread. Unroll.cake and spread ice cream.evenly over cake.
- Roll cake up tightly using towel to just help. Don't worry about cracks they will be covered with frosting later Wrap. well in parchment paper and foil and frezze overnight.
- Make frosting.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream just until hot in microwave or stovetop, pour over chocolate let sit 1 minute then stir until smooth.
- Chill mixture until cold at least 2 hours. When ready to frost cake beat. chocolate until creamy.
- Frost cake with frosting, press truffles in top and add sprinkles. Return to freezer to set frosting.
- Slice and serve with Coffee Cream Anglaise and Hot Fudge Sauce recipes attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359845-hot-fudge-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339891-coffee-creme-anglaise.
It features an outside layer made of chocolate cake with creamy vanilla-flavored ice cream on the inside. This cake and ice cream roll has no trans fat. Serve some at a picnic, family get-together, birthday party and much more. Sift more cocoa powder over the back of the cake. Use the cloth it is on to roll it tightly into a spiral, within the dish towel.