Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis). De lekkerste nasi goreng recepten vind je natuurlijk bij Allerhande. Allerhande helpt je met kiezen én koken. Hier vind je voor elk moment een lekker recept.
You need of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);. Sambal tumis (slow-stirring) is a versatile stir-fried chile paste used in dishes like mee goreng (fried noodles), sambal udang (shrimp), sambal telur (eggs) and nasi goreng (fried rice). Egg Sambal (Sambal Tumis Telur Rebus Pedas) is a Spicy Indonesian and Malay Dish with Sambal (Indonesian Chili Sauce) and Eggs as main ingredients. You can have Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis)
- It’s 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- It’s 200 g of Mackerel.
- You need of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need 50 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- It’s 50 g of Fresh Red Chillies.
- It’s 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- It’s of For Stir Frying;.
- You need 6 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Veggies (optional).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
Great recipe for Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis). I grew up with this and to this day it remains my favourite fried rice. This fried rice is best when paired with fish, specifically oily fish like Mackerel. Before you jump to Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) instructions
- MARINADE; Once you've processed the Sambal ingredients into a paste, take 2-3 Tbsp of it and marinate the fish..
- EGGS; Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in the wok until hot then add the eggs and cook it scrambled. Once it has cooled, remove and set aside..
- FRY THE FISH; add 2 Tbsp of cooking oil to the hot wok and fry the fish, 2 minutes for each side. Remove it and set aside. NOTE, usually the fish is then broken into bite size pieces..
- COOK THE PASTE; heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot, then add the Sambal paste, lime juice, sugar and veggies. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, the colour of the Sambal turns darker and the oil separates from the paste..
- FRY THE RICE; once the oil separates, add the rice and mix well. Then add the fish, the eggs, and mix them well. Season with salt, taste test and then serve..
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. First, let's not get lost in translation. Sambal is a generic term for chili-based sauces. Literally, there is nothing about nasi goreng that requires it to be spicy. But since nasi goreng is a Malay term, the Malay (and we don't mean Malaysian) style of cooking fried rice has associated nasi goreng with spicy fried rice with bold flavors.