Frittatas in Chimichurri sauce. Top with Chimichurri Sauce and fresh cilantro leaves. Notes: I add Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar to all of my frittatas. They give a rounded flavor boost to the frittata, but you cannot detect their individual flavors.
Maakouda Batata (Potato Frittata) Adapted from Christine Benlafquih. Place the parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce into the container of a blender or food processor. The simple recipe just calls for eggs, tomato sauce, olive oil, and garlic, and has just four quick steps. You can cook Frittatas in Chimichurri sauce using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Frittatas in Chimichurri sauce
- You need For of Chimichurri ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh parsley (about 1 bunch of parsley).
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves (about 1 bunch of coriander).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of dried oregano.
- You need 3 of large cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of paprika or more, to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of good-quality olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt.
- You need For of Frittata ingredients-.
- You need 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of full fat milk / heavy cream.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes peeled, diced and par boiled.
- Prepare 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of green chilies minced (optional).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese, such as Gruyère, or cheddar (optional).
- Prepare few of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Sauté the garlic and olive oil before adding the tomato sauce, then cook the eggs in the simmering sauce. If you like your yolk runny, Gresham recommends leaving the pan uncovered. Whether it's a roasted beef tenderloin with bordelaise sauce, crispy skin-on salmon with tapenade, or whole chicken with chimichurri sauce, I'm all for a challenging recipe. However, cooking a frittata still puts me on edge.
Frittatas in Chimichurri sauce step by step
- Chimichurri Procedure: Fine chop the parsley and coriander leaves or put in a food processor and pulse a few times until it is finely minced. Transfer it into a bowl..
- Mince the garlic cloves. If you like strong garlic flavor, then you can use 4 cloves. Now combine the minced garlic, leaves and add all the remaining ingredients such as oregano, paprika, vinegar, olive oil and salt. give it a good whisk until all the ingredients combine well..
- If you like more flavor adjust the garlic, salt, paprika as per your taste buds. You may add in chilli flakes as well. This sauce can be stored in an air tight container in fridge for up to 1 week and can be used for steak as well..
- Frittata Procedure: Preheat the oven. Basically this recipe calls in for any nutritious vegetables that you can add-in..
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and parboil them.
- Heat a nonstick oven-safe frying pan or cast-iron skillet. Add the olive oil and saute the potatoes. When the potatoes start roast add in the onions and garlic. Saute it until the onions become tender. Add in the bell peppers, chilies, salt and pepper and saute it on high flame. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Check the seasoning..
- TIP: Use a well-seasoned skillet OR a non-stick pan to avoid your frittata gets stuck! I had this terrible experience, but not to worry much. Switch off the flame and let it rest for 10 minutes, by then it will sweat off the pan..
- Spread the vegetables into an even layer and pour the egg mixture into the skillet and gently mix in. Having a good skillet will avoid the eggs sticking to the pan bottom..
- Sprinkle the cheese and cherry tomatoes on top and let it just start to melt. Cook for a minute or two until you see the eggs at the edges of the pan beginning to set. Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake the frittata for 8 to 10 minutes or until the eggs are set for a golden brown, crispy top. To check, insert the sharp edge of a knife and if it comes out clean that means the Frittata is perfectly cooked. If raw eggs run into the cut, bake for another few minutes..
- Cool and slice into wedges and serve. If no oven: Cook on medium-low on the stove with a lid on for about 6 minutes until sides are well set. Slide onto a plate, then place the skillet upside down over the plate. Then flip the plate and skillet and return to the stove. Slide onto plate when cooked! I make frittatas when I go camping for my friends and this is how I do it on a portable stove or even overheat..
In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil. Whisk eggs and milk together, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the corn and tomatoes.