Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce. Great recipe for Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce. I wanted to make a good, homemade spaghetti sauce, but it's the middle of summer and I definitely didn't want to warm up my house any more than I had to. What ensued was my endeavors to make a good, hearty spaghetti sauce in my slow cooker.
In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, green onion and garlic. When onions are clear, stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano and sugar. You can have Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce
- It’s 2 (28 oz) of cans crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cloves of (large) fresh garlic – crushed.
- It’s 1 of medium onion – diced.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper (color of your choosing) – diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh mushrooms – sliced (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Optional Meats.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef – raw, pinched into several small pieces.
- It’s 5 of Italian sausages (mild or hot) – raw.
Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and marinara sauce. Stir to combine, and then add the sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper (if using) and bay leaves. Stir in the pepperoni, and then add the spaghetti sauce, oregano, and any of the optional ingredients. Tip: if using red wine, you can pour it into the sauce jar and swish around to get everything out.
Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper (and mushrooms if desired). Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add crushed garlic and tomato paste stir to coat everything with tomato paste. Cook 5 minutes more stirring constantly..
- Dump both cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce into a 5 quart crock pot. Add cooked veggie mixture and all remaining ingredients except meats. Stir to thoroughly combine..
- Add ground beef, stir gently to combine. Nestle whole sausages down into sauce until covered. Place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours..
- At 5 hours, remove sausages, cut to 1/2-1 inch slices. Return to sauce, stir to combine. Turn crock pot up to high, cook with lid offset for 1 additional hour to thicken sauce a little. Serve over pasta of choice (remove bay leaves before serving). Enjoy!.
- Note: This makes enough that I freeze about half for another night!.
Otherwise, you can do this with a few tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low and cook for at least. Pasta Sauce Recipes Tomato Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Rich and meaty spaghetti sauce is surprisingly easy to make, and ready in just over an hour. Serve over any variety of hot cooked pasta.