Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung). Op zoek naar nasi goreng recepten? Zet lekkere en verrassende gerechten op tafel met de Allerhande recepten van Albert Heijn. Because 'Village Fried Rice' or 'Rural Fried Rice' just doesn't quite nail the imagery of Kampung.
Since this dish has many elements, it is tempting to just cook everything all at once; Don't. Immediately push the rice onto the eggs and toss the rice, making sure the eggs at the bottom are all brought up and broken up. Village style fried rice, otherwise known as Nasi Goreng Kampung is a Malay style fried rice. You can cook Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- It’s 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- Prepare 300 g of Chicken Meat (boneless, skinless, cut into pieces).
- Prepare 50 g of Dried Anchovies (ikan bilis).
- You need 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- You need 150 g of Water Spinach (kangkung).
- It’s 50 g of Red Onion.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need 6 pc (20 g) of Red Bird's Eye Chilli.
- Prepare 60 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic.
- You need 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
It is commonly cooked using leftover rice. However, you can also use freshly cooked rice as well. Just be sure the rice is thoroughly cooled. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added.
Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) instructions
- PRE-COOK; heat 2 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the dried anchovies until it is brown and crispy. Remove and set aside. Then caramelise the red onion until it is tender and translucent. Remove and set aside. Lastly, cook the eggs scrambled, remove and set aside..
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot. Add the Sambal paste, chicken, lime juice, sugar, and cook it until the oil separates from the paste..
- COOK THE RICE; once the oil separates, add in the rice and mix well. Then add in one at a time the eggs, anchovies, onions, mixing well in between them. Season with salt..
- ADD THE SPINACH; Lastly add in the spinach. It might look alot but mix it well; the spinach will wilt and once it has wilted, turn off the heat and keep mixing until the spinach has completely shrunk..
Nasi Goreng Kampung, Malay Countryside Fried Rice. Nasi Goreng Kampung is always our go-to orders at any restaurants. This Malay style fried rice is so yummy! The flavors from the anchovies and spice from the chilies really gives this fried rice a kick. Have it with a side of fried egg and you're good to go!