Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! The UK's Top Mobile Phone Deals With No Credit Checks.
This recipe was inspired by heavily laden blackberry bushes in the yard, and the last of the fresh corn. The recipe is for two, but can easily be doubled for four. Season duck with salt and pepper. You can have Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skin-on duck breasts.
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of blackberries.
- It’s of (Optional sugar to taste if the blackberries aren’t sweet enough).
- Prepare Dash of white wine.
- It’s Dash of sherry vinegar.
- It’s of Small glug of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare Pinch of kosher salt.
- You need of Few grinds of black pepper.
- You need of Corn-blackberry salsa:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 cup of (or a bit more) fresh blackberries.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of diced shallot.
- It’s Sprig of fresh thyme, leaves crushed.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare of Healthy spoonful of sambal oelek.
- You need of Big squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- You need Pinch of sugar if too tart or sour.
In nonstick skillet sear skin-side down till browned. Transfer duck breasts skin-side-up onto roasting pan. While duck is roasting, prepare the sauce. To Make Sauce for Roast Duck Breasts.
Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish instructions
- Crush all marinade ingredients in mortar and pestle. Place breasts and marinade in sealable plastic bag for about 2 hours before grilling..
- Mix all relish ingredients together and adjust to taste..
- Grill the duck breasts. We grill the duck over a deadfall Madrona wood fire, but any grill, wood or other will do. Grilling time will depend upon size of breasts and preference. We grill to about 135º, flipping once midway through..
- Slice the duck breasts and serve with the relish..
Duck breasts were perfectly medium rare, not "medium" as the recipe states. There is enough sauce for two – not four – duck breasts with, maybe, a small amount left over. Score the skin side of the breast diagonally with a sharp knife. Season both sides of the duck breasts with salt, then sprinkle both sides evenly with five-spice powder. Stir in the blackberries and any resting juices from the duck and simmer until warmed through.