Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in the bottom of the dish, then add a layer of sultanas.
Butter the bread (I like to put some butter on both sides) and cut into triangles. Sprinkle with sugar and dried fruit. Repeat layers until all the bread is evenly distributed, then mix the egg, milk and nutmeg, and pour over the bread. You can have Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes
- It’s 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 6 of egg yolk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 250 grams of homemade bread crumbs,made from breakfast rolls.
- Prepare 1/4 liter of milk.
- Prepare 125 grams of each, currants,raisins, ground almonds or other nuts.
- Prepare 200 ml of brown rum.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 of recipe for sauce.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of red or rose wine,(only use one you would drink).
- You need 185 grams of sugar.
Press down firmly to compress the pudding and help the bread absorb the milk mixture. She instructs "Take a two penny loaf, and a pound of fresh butter; spread it in very thin slices, as to eat; cut them off as you spread them, and stone half a pound of raisins, and wash a pound of currants; then put puff-paste at the bottom of a dish, and lay a row of your bread and butter, and strew a handful of currants, a few raisins, and some little bits. Place the pudding in a bain-marie and pour in enough water to come half way up the sides of the baking dish. Cut the bread into medium-thick slices, butter them, then cut the crusts off and halve the slices on the diagonal to form triangles.
Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes step by step
- Mix butter together with sugar and yolk until creamy, fold gently under then add the bread crumbs and milk,add raisins,currants and almonds. Whisk the egg white to a almost solid form and lift under..
- Grease your pudding or cake pan (2 ltr) and cover with dust with some bread crumbs..
- Fill to 3/4 with mixture. cover tightly with tin foil and add to big sauce pan. fill halfway up to the pudding pan with water.cover lot with lid.Simmer for about 1 hour,than leave standing for 15 minutes on stove..
- For the sauce mix all ingredients and heat gently whisking all the time until thickened,when thickened take of heat and whisk some more. Serve at once and enjoy..
Pour the cream and milk into a saucepan. Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon and add them to the pan with the empty pod. Arrange the rest of the bread in a second layer in the baking dish and drizzle over the rest of the custard. Dot with the rest of the butter, scatter with demerara sugar. Use the butter/margarine for both greasing the dish and spread the remaining.