Braised Duck. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Salt and pepper duck generously on both sides. Braising a duck or goose for several hours at low temperature in a shallow bath of red wine, herbs, and vegetables will make it as tender and moist as a properly cooked beef pot roast. Even the leanest diving duck can be transformed into something that will please almost any palate.
Place two tablespoons of the reserved fat from the pan into a clean saute pan, and heat the pan to medium high. And the rabbit recipe's name is directly from the most revered German cookbook written in the English language, so if you have a problem with it, take it up with the author, Mimi Sheraton. Drain the lightly browned duck on kitchen paper. You can have Braised Duck using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised Duck
- Prepare Half of piece of duck meat.
- It’s 4 of Onion stalks cut diagonally.
- You need 5 of shallots cut into halves.
- You need 6 pieces of ginger slices.
- It’s of Cooking wine.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Dark and light soy sauce.
Combine all the braising sauce ingredients in a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the duck halves and turn the heat down to a simmer. This dish of Chinese braised duck legs is as exquisite as it is simple. In this recipe, duck legs are carefully seared and braised in a mixture of stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and aromatics.
Braised Duck instructions
- Marinate meat is with black pepper and cooking wine for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours stir fry shallot and ginger until fragrant. Then add in duck meat. Pour light and dark soy sauce and water. Let it boil until the meat is tender. Use chopstick to poke the duck if its already tender. Then add onion stalks and cook a while..
Lots of scallions are added, cooking down into a sweet, oniony jam, while the braising liquid makes the most delicious sauce over rice. Crisp braised duck legs with vegetables is a simple, luxurious dish. You brown the duck until the skin is crackly and golden. Put duck legs skin side down in a skillet large enough to accommodate all ingredients comfortably. Turn heat to medium, and cook, rotating so skin browns thoroughly and evenly but do not turn over completely.