Cheesy Potato Broccoli. Healthy and Easy to Make Dinner Recipes for the Whole Family. Get Great Dinner and Other Main Course Recipes with Simple Ingredients. Stir in the hash brown potatoes; mix until combined.
Prick potatoes in several places with tip of sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined. Turn off heat and add cheddar cheese. You can have Cheesy Potato Broccoli using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Broccoli
- Prepare of medium steamed potatoes.
- You need of green bell.
- Prepare of onion-chopped.
- You need of Mozzarela cheese.
- Prepare of broccoli-cut into bite size.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Garlic Sauce (Original recipe by Natasha's Kitchen Website).
- Prepare of margarine/butter.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of milk (I use fibercream).
- It’s of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of garlic powder/ 2 cloves of garlic-crushed/grated.
- It’s of salt, pepper, sugar, lil bit of chicken powder.
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole is a surprising twist on traditional casseroles and is sure to become a family favorite! Mashed potatoes, bacon, broccoli and three types of cheese create a cheesy potato bake like no other! This baked potato casserole has a surprising combination of flavors and textures. Shredded Idaho® potatoes combined with cheddar and broccoli are a tasty and easy make-ahead lunch.
Cheesy Potato Broccoli step by step
- Steamed the potatoes (skin on) till it soften. While waiting for the potato, on a medium heat, melt 2 tbsp margarine in the sauce pan, put 2 tbsp of flour, stir till you can smell such a nice baking aroma..
- Pour a cup of milk into the roux, mix it till it smooth and thicken.
- Put the grated garlic, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, sugar and chicken powder into the mixture then whisk it in a low heat. Let it simmer and turn off the heat..
- While waiting the sauce to cool down and thicken, boil the broccoli for about 4 minutes or until it is soften.
- After the potatoes cook through, peel off the skin, cut into 4/ 5 thin slice, and lay it on a baking tray. On top of the potatoes, put the garlic sauce, dice green bell pepper, chopped onion, broccoli and mozzarella. Drizzle it with olive oil and season it with black pepper. Put it into the preheated oven in 180c for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted..
- Serve it with your favourite dressing (mine is roasted sesame by Kewpie!).
See Cheryl's full post, including more photos, here. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, then whiz the mixture with an immersion blender. Add the broccoli and milk to the soup and cook until the broccoli is al dente. Add the cheese to the soup one cup at a time, stirring until melted between additions.