Tom Kha Gai in Red Curry. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Tom Kha Gai in Red Curry alfredsanpedro.
Bring lemongrass, ginger, kaffir leaves and chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken and bring to a boil. In a medium pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. You can cook Tom Kha Gai in Red Curry using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom Kha Gai in Red Curry
- You need 1 (1 inch) of ginger, peeled.
- You need 10 of kaffir lime leaves or 1 tbsp lime zest and 1/4 cup lime juice.
- It’s 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 4 pieces of chicken breast, cut into strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of shiitake or button mushrooms, cut into half.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass.
- You need of Chilli oil, cilantro leaves and lime wedges (to serve).
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. In a large stock pot, saute the curry paste, garlic, lemon grass, lime leaves and kha in the vegetable oil for two minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. While broth is heating, slice the chicken breast and toss it in cornstarch.
Tom Kha Gai in Red Curry instructions
- Lightly smash lemongrass and ginger to release its flavor. Cut lemongrass stalk into 4 pieces.
- Bring lemongrass, ginger, kaffir leaves and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce to a steady simmer until the flavors are melded, 10 minutes. Strain the aromatics..
- Add chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and add mushrooms until tender, 20 minutes..
- Mix in coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer. Stirring occasionally. 5-10 minutes..
- Serve hot with the chili oil, cilantro and lime wedges..
Warm the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the curry paste, stirring until fragrant. Tom kha gai is a popular and mildly spiced coconut broth but it is the use of galangal that it gets its name. This famous Thai tom kha gai is on almost every Thai restaurant menu and for good reason… Thai tom kha gai (ต้มข่าไก่) is a popular Thai soup, that's eaten more like a curry. The base of the dish is coconut milk, so it's creamy and rich.