Simple Memorial Day pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron sk. Mix oil, eggs, cake mix, pudding mix, and water. Spread evenly over the pineapples and cherries. Remove from heat and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
Spread brown sugar evenly over bottom of skillet. Place a cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice, and arrange the pecan halves between pineapple slices. Gently spoon the batter over the top of the pineapple slices in the cast iron skillet. You can cook Simple Memorial Day pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron sk using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Memorial Day pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron sk
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆ Topping ◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need of packed brown sugar.
- You need of pineapples sliced.
- You need of maraschino cherries.
- You need of butter.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆ Cake ◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s of yellow cake mix.
- It’s of large eggs.
- It’s of vanilla pudding mix.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Pineapple upside-down cake is a sentimental favorite for many people. Although it's possible to use fresh pineapple and cherries, there is something comforting and familiar about using canned pineapple and bright red maraschino cherries from a jar, just like mom used to. Upside-down cake is a classic use of a trusty cast-iron skillet, but. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Simple Memorial Day pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron sk step by step
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a cast iron skillet melt butter. Add brown sugar and spread even in skillet.
- Add pineapple.
- Add cherries.
- Mix oil, eggs, cake mix, pudding mix, and water. Spread evenly over the pineapples and cherries. Put into oven for 50 minutes..
- Let cool 10 minutes. Put on a plate and turn over. Cut and serve I hope you enjoy!.
The time when pineapple upside-down cake was the height of fashion is over, but that doesn't make this retro cake any less delicious. Place pineapples in the butter, sugar and pecan mixture. Put cherries in the center of the pineapple. Cut the slices of pineapple into halves and line the sides of the cast iron skillet Melt the butter in your iron skillet with the burner on medium high heat. Once the butter is melted, remove from heat and top it with the brown sugar Place the Pineapple slices on top of the butter and brown sugar mixture.