Swedish meat balls. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Search for recipe for swedish meatballs recipe. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide.
The Best Swedish Meatballs are smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy. The meatballs are packed with such delicious flavor. Savory, comforting and smothered with a sauce that melts in your mouth. You can cook Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- Prepare of Meatball ingredients.
- You need 1/2 of kilo ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of 7 spices powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cooking cream.
- You need 1 cup of whole Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
You will quickly agree these are the BEST you have ever had! In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour over meatballs; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, stir together cold water and flour.
Swedish meat balls step by step
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.
Remove meatballs from skillet; skim fat, reserving juices. In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Serve With Swedish Meatball Sauce Flavored with nutmeg and cardamom, these little beef-and-pork meatballs are best served with a Swedish meatball sauce — a rich roux-based and beef stock gravy, spiked with sour cream and a little lingonberry jelly. For the record, it's not strictly traditional to serve sauce with Swedish meatballs in Sweden.