Vietnamese spring rolls. Low Prices on Vietnamese Spring Roll. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In Vietnamese, fresh spring rolls made with rice paper are called g ỏi cuốn, translating to "salad rolls" (gỏi is means "salad" and cuốn means "to coil" or "to roll"). These Vietnamese spring rolls are the perfect recipe for beating the heat. Poached shrimp, rice noodles, herbs, and lettuce are rolled into a thin rice wrapper. You can have Vietnamese spring rolls using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese spring rolls
- Prepare of Spring rolls.
- You need 20 g of dried shiitake mushroom (or any fresh mushroom.
- You need 20 g of dried wood ear mushroom.
- Prepare 30 g of dried vermicelli.
- You need 10 g of spring onion.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of carrot 🥕.
- Prepare 1 of kohlrabi.
- It’s 100 g of spring sprout.
- It’s 300 g of ground pork.
- You need 1 pack of rice paper.
- It’s of Pepper and salt.
- Prepare of 🥚🥚duck eggs (my mom's secret).
- You need of Sauce and others.
- Prepare of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Chili.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Vinegar.
- You need of Fresh herb(coriander or lettuce) (optional).
- You need of Fresh rice noodle (optional).
Serve with the sweet and sour dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients except wraps and oil in a bowl. On a damp tea towel, place a wrap, and fill with a couple of tablespoons of the pork mixture in a sausage like shape at one end of the wrap. Fold sides in, then begin rolling spring roll at the mixture side.
Vietnamese spring rolls step by step
- Prepare the ingredients: wash all the ingredients. Peel the skin of onion, carrot and kolhrabi. Cut the root of spring onions. Take dried shiitake, wood ear and vermicelli into the water. Let it sit there about 2 – 3 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the onion, carrot, spring onion into small piecies(you can use food processor). For the spring sprout, use your hand to crush it, no need into tiny pieces (spring sprout is full of water, it is a watse if you use blender).
- When all dried stuff become soft, take that out then take the leg of shiitake (if they have) cut into small piecies. Keep the water(we will use this later).
- Take all the ingredients into big bowl(or pot, you might need something quite big) then add 4 table spoon of salt, 4 table spoon of pepper powder and crack 2 duck eggs. Mix everything together (your hand is the best tool 🤗). You can feel the stickiness on your hands..
- Take one sheet of rice paper, put into mushroom water. Take 1 big spoon of the mixture into the middle of the sheet and wrap it..
- Prepare the oil, use the spoon to check the temparature. If the air bubble appear around the spoon you can start deep fried the spring roll. Turn the spring after 1minutes. When it has a nice gold color, it is done..
- Prepare the sauce: peel the skin of garlic and mince it. Take out the chili seed..
- Put 3 big spoons of fish sauce, 1 big spoon of vinegar and 5 big spoons if water into a bowl. Add 15g of sugar, pepper, garlic into the sauce. Mix this until you can see all the garlic floating then the sauce is done. Add chili(optional).
- Serve it hot.The spring roll should be crunchy outside and juicy soft inside.The sauce is salty, sweet and sour at the same time. Hope you have a wonderful experience.
Seal roll by moistening edge with water. Vietnamese fresh spring rolls (goi cuon in Vietnamese) are an incredibly easy, fresh version of the classic fried spring roll. These rolls (also called summer rolls or salad rolls) are light and healthy, full of fresh herbs and crisp ingredients. With a couple of cheeky tricks, step by step photos and an easy to follow video, you'll be rolling perfect rice paper rolls like a pro in no time! Traditional Vietnamese shrimp and pork spring rolls that you will find at Vietnamese restaurants will have noodles.