Swedish meat balls. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Loaded with tender meats, creamy sauces & gooey cheeses. Hunt for us in the freezer aisle!
The Best Swedish Meatballs are smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy. The meatballs are packed with such delicious flavor. Savory, comforting and smothered with a sauce that melts in your mouth. You can have Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- It’s of Meatball ingredients.
- You need of kilo ground beef.
- It’s of diced onion.
- You need of large egg.
- You need of salt.
- You need of 7 spices powder.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Sauce ingredients.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- You need of dijon mustard.
- Prepare of heavy cooking cream.
- You need of whole Milk.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
You will quickly agree these are the BEST you have ever had! In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together.
Swedish meat balls step by step
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.
Remove meatballs from oven and place in a casserole dish. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Stir together ingredients for the sauce and combine with the meatballs in the casserole. Serve With Swedish Meatball Sauce Flavored with nutmeg and cardamom, these little beef-and-pork meatballs are best served with a Swedish meatball sauce — a rich roux-based and beef stock gravy, spiked with sour cream and a little lingonberry jelly. For the record, it's not strictly traditional to serve sauce with Swedish meatballs in Sweden. Thoroughly mix the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.