Sig's Crispy Duck Egg with Herb, Honey and Mustard Sauce. If you like you can add the mustard. I love it but not everyone does. Recipes Sig's Crispy Duck Egg with Herb, Honey and Mustard Sauce First make sure that the duck eggs in their shells are clean.
Season duck generously with salt and pepper. Heat two ovenproof skillets over medium-high heat and add the breasts, skin-side down. Sear until the skin is golden. You can have Sig's Crispy Duck Egg with Herb, Honey and Mustard Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Crispy Duck Egg with Herb, Honey and Mustard Sauce
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of fresh duck eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of fresh chicken egg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and all purpose seasoning like Knorr aromat.
- It’s of sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 1 tsp of runny honey.
- It’s 1 of good pinch each tarragon, chives and dill.
- It’s 1/8 of of a teaspoon of dijon mustard or mustard of choice (optional).
A flavor-packed variation on eggs benedict, Duck Egg Royale replaces chicken eggs with duck eggs and the bacon with smoked salmon. Put the sausage meat into another bowl with the herbs, a good grating of nutmeg, the mustard and a good pinch of salt and pepper. • Whisk together the eggs, extra egg yolk, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Duck à l'orange or duck with hoisin sauce are great, but to limit duck to a few well-worn dishes would be to underestimate a brilliantly diverse meat. It is widely loved for its rich, tender meat but the bird has other wonderful culinary uses too – as Josh Eggleton's Duck fat roast potato recipe perfectly demonstrates.
Sig's Crispy Duck Egg with Herb, Honey and Mustard Sauce step by step
- First make sure that the duck eggs in their shells are clean. If not wash them carefully down. Put a pot with water to the boil. When the water is simmering add the duck eggs, cook them for ten minutes at least..
- In a bowl season the breadcrumbs with the salt, pepper and paprika, you can add the all purpose seasoning if you like, mix it well. Put the flour into a second bowl. Then whisk the chicken egg into a third bowl..
- When your eggs are boiled, drain away the boiling water, crack the eggs and run the eggs under cold water. Peel the eggs and dry them with a kitchen towel. Heat enough oil or heat deep fat fryer to cover the eggs..
- First roll the dried egg in the flour than the whisked chicken egg, then the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step one more time. So that the eggs are well covered. Leave the eggs to stand for 3-5 minutes..
- When the oil is hot enough gently lower the eggs I to the fat and cook for about 2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crisp and brown, Drain them on kitchen towel after frying.
- In the meantime make this simple sauce, mix the herbs with the honey and creme fraiche. If you like you can add the mustard. I love it but not everyone does. There should be just a hint of mustard so take care when using it..
- This will serve either one or two people, you can use the recipe for different egg types too.
Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight. Dip the chicken strips into the flour, the beaten egg and then dredge them into the seasoned panko. Return the chicken, skin side up, and the juices to the. Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce is a great topping and sauce for just about everything. My recipe for Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mustard Sauce might just do the trick.