Thai green curry. Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute, stirring with the lemongrass, if using. For the curry paste, toast the cumin seeds in a nonstick frying pan until aromatic. Tip into a food processor with the shrimp paste, a pinch of salt, the garlic, galangal, palm sugar, lemongrass, chillies and coriander stalks, then whizz to a paste.
Add the sugar, let it dissolve then cook until caramelised and smoking. For the curry paste, slice the lemongrass finely. Put it in a food processor with all the remaining curry paste ingredients and whiz to a thick paste, pushing the mixture down from time to time. You can have Thai green curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai green curry
- Prepare 500 g of chicken thigh.
- You need 3 of medium size carrots.
- Prepare 1 of bok choy.
- You need 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger.
- It’s of Green beans.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk 400ml.
- You need 2-3 of Green curry paste.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar.
- It’s of White rice.
Fragrant Thai green curry paste transforms chicken and plump miniature aubergines and courgettes into an exotic meal, with the minimum of preparation. Whichever way you go, the one essential step to make a really great green curry is to fry off the curry paste. Make this with chicken or even entirely meat free. Eggplants, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, squash, and green beans are the common vegetables used in Thai green curry.
Thai green curry instructions
- Prepare veges, Thinly slice carrots, cut green beans in half, chop up bok choy..
- Heat pan medium to high heat with oil. Cut up chicken thighs into chunks. Lightly brown chicken, while chicken is cooking, put on the rice to start cooking. Once chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside..
- Cook veges, extra teaspoon of oil, put in garlic and ginger and curry paste then carrots. Cook carrots for a couple of mins, stirring occasionally, then place in green beans and cook for another 2 mins..
- Once veges are cooked, add coconut milk and half a cup water, fish sauce and coconut sugar. Stirring mixing all up, then readd the chicken and let simmer for 5mins, add bok choy and cook for another min until it wilts..
- Serve up and eat!.
I use eggplant, king oyster mushrooms and bamboo shoots in this recipe. Add to the curry and cook for two minutes. Then add the cut red spur chili, and Thani basil. The first step is to prepare your ingredients to pound your green curry paste. Remove the stems of the Thai green chilies, peel the garlic and shallots, thinly slice the galangal, cilantro roots, and lemongrass.