Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe. Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe Shubhra Ambuj Hyderabad. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low. Blend almond milk with the cashews until smooth.
When making rice based desserts use brown rice for healthier option. The taste is a bit nutty and harder than the white rice. Brown rice has a tough layer and so it softens slower than the white rice. You can have Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe
- You need of Brown rice Soaked in water for 3 hours.
- It’s of Milk.
- Prepare of Jaggery.
- It’s of Dry fruits like almonds and cashew nuts.
- It’s of Cardamom Powder.
Please dont compare it with the mushiness of white rice when cooking, this will remain nutty and crisp in texture with some stickiness. Bring the water and brown rice to the boil in a saucepan. Stir the milk, evaporated milk, almond extract and sugar into the rice; add the cinnamon stick. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until the dish is of.
Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe step by step
- Take soaked brown rice in a wok and add 2 cups of water, let them cook slowly if required add more water as brown rice takes time in cooking, if you don't have patience then pressure cook it and put is in a wok then..
- If rice turns soft then half the process is over..
- Add milk in the same wok along with cardamom and keep stirring and cooking them unless they turns thick..
- Meanwhile add half a cup of water in jaggery and prepare liquid consistency..
- As kheer become thick then lower the flame add chopped dry fruits of your choice..
- Add liquid jaggery and mix them well and switch off the flame. Rasiao is ready to be served..
Pour the milk into a heavy-based pan and heat gently (you can preheat the milk in a jug in the microwave then transfer the hot milk to the pan, to save time, if you prefer). Brown Rice Flakes Pudding/Desi Poha Kheer Recipe is a classic twist to traditional Payasam recipe, one of the most popular Indian dessert recipes. It is a milk based pudding that is usually slow cooked over a low flame with constant stirring. Brown Rice Flakes Pudding/Desi Poha Kheer Recipe is a faster version since it is made in pressure cooker. Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.