Swedish meat balls. Customize your plan with delicious calorie-conscious, carb-conscious and vegetarian meals! A delicious, easy-to-make recipe with the savory flavor of Johnsonville Sausage! Delicious, easy-to-make Meatballs with the savory flavor of Johnsonville Sausage!
The Best Swedish Meatballs are smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy. The meatballs are packed with such delicious flavor. Savory, comforting and smothered with a sauce that melts in your mouth. You can cook Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- It’s of Meatball ingredients.
- You need of kilo ground beef.
- You need of diced onion.
- Prepare of large egg.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of 7 spices powder.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- It’s of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of dijon mustard.
- You need of heavy cooking cream.
- Prepare of whole Milk.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
You will quickly agree these are the BEST you have ever had! In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Serve With Swedish Meatball Sauce Flavored with nutmeg and cardamom, these little beef-and-pork meatballs are best served with a Swedish meatball sauce — a rich roux-based and beef stock gravy, spiked with sour cream and a little lingonberry jelly.
Swedish meat balls step by step
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.
For the record, it's not strictly traditional to serve sauce with Swedish meatballs in Sweden. Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together. Remove meatballs from oven and place in a casserole dish. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Stir together ingredients for the sauce and combine with the meatballs in the casserole. Thoroughly mix the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.