Glazed Braised Duck Breast on a Signature Mashed Potatoes served with Glazed Carrots and Pak Choi. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Glazed Braised Duck Breast on a Signature Mashed Potatoes served with Glazed Carrots and Pak Choi chefmrstorm Kent United Kingdom A banger of dish.
It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. First dinner was braised duck legs w/carrots (subbed for parsnips) and mashed potatoes. You can have Glazed Braised Duck Breast on a Signature Mashed Potatoes served with Glazed Carrots and Pak Choi using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Glazed Braised Duck Breast on a Signature Mashed Potatoes served with Glazed Carrots and Pak Choi
- Prepare 2 of Duck Breast (Seasoned).
- It’s of Signature Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 200 g of Potatoes(Peeled and Cubed).
- Prepare 2 of Red Chilli (Finely Chopped).
- It’s 60 g of Ginger(Minced).
- You need 3 of Garlic Cloves (Minced).
- You need 1 of Red Onion(Finely Chopped).
- You need 15 g of Fresh Thyme (Leaves only).
- It’s of Seasoning (Salt & Black Pepper).
- You need of Braising Ingredients.
- It’s 1 of Chicken Stock.
- You need 250 ml of Boiled Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Red Wine.
- It’s of Glazing Ingredients.
- Prepare of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s 1 of Fresh Orange(Juice Only).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup.
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Large Carrots (Horizontal cut).
- You need 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 2 of Star Anise.
- You need 2 of Pak Choi Leaves (Sliced).
This is a relatively quick and simple dish to put together, but the bold flavours and presentation are sure to impress. First, use a sharp knife to score the duck skin and fat (without cutting into the flesh) in a cross pattern, then sprinkle the duck on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the duck skin side down in a cold pan with no other fat, then turn the heat to medium. Season the duck breasts with the salt and pepper.
Glazed Braised Duck Breast on a Signature Mashed Potatoes served with Glazed Carrots and Pak Choi instructions
- Combine all the ingredients for the mashed potatoes. Add boiled water to the pot. (Finger tip length). Cover and cook for 20 minutes(or till desired texture consistency is achieved. And mash. Tips: add a Tsp of butter and season accordingly.
- Season the duck breasts and set aside.(room temp). Melt butter on medium-high temperature for 5 minutes. Add the duck breast(skin down), garlic, star anise and sprigs of thyme and shallow fry till slightly golden brown.(5-8 minutes)..
- Meanwhile combine the braising ingredients in a bowl. Add to the saucepan containing the duck; cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Transfer the braised duck breast to a foil lined oven tray and oven cook in a preheated oven at 200’C for 25 minutes. Add the glazing ingredients to the braising stock and reduce till a stick consistency is achieved. (Tip: add little bit more maple syrup if needed)..
- Half way through cooking, pour the glazing stock over the duck and return back to oven. Add the carrots and Pak Choi in the leftover glazing stock and simmer on medium low heat for 5-10 minutes..
- Serving Suggestion :.
Transfer them to a plate and cover them with foil so they retain their warmth. Season flesh side of duck with Chinese five-spice, salt, and pepper. Cook, without flipping, until fat is rendered and skin. Salt and pepper to taste This delicious and elegant dish is perfect for any festive season. Add potatoes and carrots to the bowl of your stand mixer and butter.