Classic Cream Corn. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, and allow the sauce to thicken. In a sauce pan, add butter and melt over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and half and half. You can have Classic Cream Corn using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Cream Corn
- It’s 6 of ears of corn.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese.
Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture begins to thicken and bubble. Stir in corn and sugar and continue to heat over medium low, stirring frequently until corn is no longer frozen and mixture is hot. Instructions In a dutch oven, combine butter and onion and cook over medium-high heat or until onion is translucent. Add in corn and then add in flour.
Classic Cream Corn instructions
- Cut all the corn off the husks..
- Combine all the ingredients except for parmesan cheese in 12 inch cast iron skillet on medium heat..
- Stir regularly until all ingredients have melted..
- Stir in parmesan cheese, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes..
- Stir and Remove from heat and enjoy!.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in thyme. Creamed corn is a classic side dish made by combining corn kernels and a cream sauce. It is often served at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holiday dinners. Pour the frozen corn into a large pot. Add the milk, sugar and salt.