Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Check Out Butternut Sqash On eBay. Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble Adrianne Meszaros. We tweaked this recipe by Half Baked Harvest by roasting the butternut squash bottoms and serving the soup in them.
Provide of kosher salt and pepper. Great recipe for Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble. We tweaked this recipe by Half Baked Harvest by roasting the butternut squash bottoms and serving the soup in them. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble
- It’s of Soup:.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of honeycrisp apples.
- You need of kosher salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of cubed butternut squash. Option to cut the bases off of them, and scoop out the seeds and save to use as serving bowls (Refer to Roasted Acorn Squash recipe for roasting directions).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, more or less to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, depending on your taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of + 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 2 Tbs of salted butter.
- You need 1 Tbs of honey.
- It’s of Pecan Crumble:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of raw pecans, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 2 Tbs of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tbs of real maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 Tbs of salted butter, at room temperature.
The extra step goes a long way in the presentation, and it's fun scooping the butternut squash right off the sides of your. Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble instructions. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and 1 chopped apple. Cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the broth until smooth. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the stove. Let cool slightly and then puree in a blender or use an immersion blender..
- Return the soup to the stove and set over low heat. Stir in the milk and cheese until melted and creamy. Add the thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired..
- To make the honey butter apples. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced apple and cook until it just begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the honey and 2 teaspoons thyme. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat..
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon the apples over top. Option to serve in roasted butternut squash bottoms..
- Finish with a sprinkle of pecan crumble. Enjoy!.
- Pecan Crumble:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the mix until everything is moist..
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers..
Here is how you achieve that. The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble: You need of Soup:. Prepare of kosher salt and pepper. Cheddar Apple Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble Autumn butternut squash pureed with sweet caramelized apples, fresh thyme, and a touch of milk. Finish each bowl off with sautéed apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon flavored pecan crumble.