Spicy Duck Curry. Spicy Duck Curry needs a full flavoured and balanced Rose to freshen the palate. Picking only the best grapes from the best parcels in the Rhone, this rose is packed full of bright red berries, fresh raspberries and juicy white peach. Nadan Tharavu Curry – Spicy Duck Curry – Kerala Style Hot and fiery Kerala Duck Curry-Tharavu curry is very authentic and popular recipe in Kerala (South India).
Slice the crispy duck and place on top of curry. Drizzle coconut milk onto duck and garnish with slivers of kaffir lime leaves and fried basil (optional). Serve with steamed jasmine rice. *Thai chilies are extremely spicy. You can cook Spicy Duck Curry using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Duck Curry
- Prepare of For marination:.
- You need 1 kg of Duck (cut into medium sized pieces & fat removed).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Red Chilli powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For Gravy:.
- You need 1.5 cup of chopped Onion.
- It’s 2-3 of dried Red chillies.
- You need 1 of sliced Tomato.
- Prepare 8-10 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped Ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of light Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy Coconut Milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- You need 3 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
The amount of chili seeds you add to the curry will affect the spiciness of the. Duck meat is a flavorful type of poultry that we don't use to cook often. It's almost resembles chicken meat; but the taste and cooking time is different. Duck needs to cook more than chicken.
Spicy Duck Curry step by step
- Wash the duck pieces well, soak this in a bit of salt for sometime & then squeeze out the excess water & drain it. Applying salt while cleaning helps to open the pores & helps to clean properly..
- Marinate the cleaned duck pieces using the ingredients mentioned in "for marination" section..
- Heat a pan, pour coconut oil & ghee. Add mustard seeds, stir for sometime & add onions, wait till it becomes light brown then add dried red chilli, ginger garlic & saute for sometime..
- Now add green chillies, tomatoes & stir..
- Add the marinated duck pieces, salt to taste & cover pan. Cook over low flame for 30-40 minutes till duck is half done..
- Now add turmeric, coriander & red chilli powder, garam masala into light coconut milk & mix well..
- Pour this milk mixture into duck curry. Lower heat & simmer gently till duck is fully cooked & cover with lid..
- When gravy has thickened add the heavy coconut milk, stir. Cook for sometime & take it off from gas..
- Your Spicy Duck curry is ready to serve!.
Spicy duck curry is an Authentic Kerala Preparation. Season duck with green seasoning, salt, pepper, curry powder, cumin (geera) and onion. Marinate for several hours or overnight. When ready to cook, make curry paste: In a small bowl mix turmeric (if using), duck and goat curry, curry powder, ¼ cup reserved green seasoning and ½ cup water. Curry Duck has become one of the most popular meats to curry and enjoy.