Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Duck Vermicelli 雪菜鴨絲湯米. My mother picked up this recipe in Pennsylvania, and as long as I can remember, there was always a "bucket" of slaw in the refrigerator. Now I have an old stoneware butter crock in my refrigerator filled with the same! Pickled Cabbage Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
There is no need to cook the cabbage, but instead just place it in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge for a week or so. In addition to the tangy flavor, pickled red cabbage brings a pop of bright color to a plate; when the acidic vinegar brine comes into contact with the cabbage, the vegetable goes from deep purple to a beautiful shade of red. You can cook Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Duck Vermicelli 雪菜鴨絲湯米 using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Duck Vermicelli 雪菜鴨絲湯米
- It’s 1/4 of roasted duck 燒鴨.
- You need 1 of chilli pepper (not spicy).
- Prepare of Vermicelli 米粉.
- You need 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 150 ml of boiled water.
- Prepare 1-2 of pickled cabbage/potherb mustard (fresh) or ones in pack 雪菜.
Directions Cut the top off Chinese cabbage and reserve for another use. Place cabbage slices in a bowl. Crunchy, slightly spicy, sweet and tangy, this pickled cabbage is a great accompaniment to meats but can also be had on its own as a substitute for a salad. This Easy Pickled Cabbage is crunchy, tangy, sweet, and seriously addicting.
Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Duck Vermicelli 雪菜鴨絲湯米 step by step
- Just got them in the wet markets. Fresh!.
- Rinse well and Soak those cabbage for 3-4 hrs. If not in hong kong can go into chinese stores and ask for a pack (雪菜) refer to top right picture in the photo. Even less work needed with packed cabbage.
- Slice those chilli (non spicy ones) and shred those ducks. Remove all bones in the roasted duck..
- Rinse out the cabbage again and squeeze out all water. Chop them up. In another bowl add a tsp of cornstarch, 1 spoon of light soya sauce and 150ml water and mix well..
- No need to add anything.Throw in the cabbage in a high med heat pot/pan and fry for 1 min to dry up the water in cabbage abit. (If you have the packed cabbage just throw all duck, cabbage and chilli in the pot and heat it up and its done!).
- Throw in the duck and mix well and let the oil of the duck comes out abit. 2~4mins.
- Add in those chilli and the mix sauce in the pot. Mix well until you feel the sauce is boiling. (If its too sticky while cooking add in more boiled water/ if to watery cook longer).
- Taste it, should be abit salty since this is best with any soup noodles..
- Just cook a Vermicelli in water. When cooked place the Vermicelli with the water in a bowl and add those cabbage duck on top. Done! (can make a very mild chicken broth with the Vermicelli if you think the broth is bland) Leftovers can be kept in fridge for 2~3 days!.
This light and healthy pickled cabbage recipe is mildly acidic and full of flavor. The cabbage will soften slightly, but retain the crunch that will add texture to any meal. Place cabbage in a bowl, and add salt and vinegar. Using your hands to mix thoroughly, squeeze cabbage until it begins to wilt and get juicy. Put water, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and sugar in a pot.