Leeks and Potatoes. Not Sure How to Keep Leeks? Check Out Tips & Tricks from Glad®. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide.
Mix together melted butter and oil. Toss to coat leeks and potatoes with the butter-oil mixture. Peel potatoes and cut into thick slices; add to frying pan. You can cook Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- Prepare of large leeks.
- Prepare of large carrots.
- You need of potatoes.
- You need of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of Precooked extras.
- It’s of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- Prepare of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s of mustard powder.
- Prepare of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s of parsley flakes.
- You need of Meatballs.
- Prepare of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of ground sirloin.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of Thickener and frying.
- It’s of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Layer thinly sliced potatoes in a gratin dish, and then take your time sautéing the leeks, letting them turn a little golden and crisp around the edges, which brings out their sweetness. Add sweet pepper and leek and and toss to combine. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add leeks; return to a boil. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. First, slice your potatoes into quarters, then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips. Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables into a clean mixing bowl.