Leeks and Potatoes. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add sliced leeks to bowl with potatoes. Mix together melted butter and oil.
Layer thinly sliced potatoes in a gratin dish, and then take your time sautéing the leeks, letting them turn a little golden and crisp around the edges, which brings out their sweetness. Add sweet pepper and leek and and toss to combine. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- You need of large leeks.
- It’s of large carrots.
- It’s of potatoes.
- It’s of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Precooked extras.
- It’s of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare of mustard powder.
- It’s of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare of parsley flakes.
- You need of Meatballs.
- It’s of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of ground sirloin.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- It’s of oil to shallow fry in.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. First, slice your potatoes into quarters, then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips. Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables into a clean mixing bowl.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add leeks; return to a boil. Potato Leek Casserole is made with sliced potatoes, garlic, saute leeks, a combination of cream and Gruyere cheese and is baked to perfection. Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven…like cookies & milk, like peanut butter & chocolate, like cheese & wine, like champagne & strawberries….but I digress. Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large bowl.