Kohlrabi Fries with Garlic Aioli. Place kohlrabi in a single layer on an ungreased, rimmed baking pan. Our favourite sauce to serve with the kohlrabi fries is garlic aioli, it's creamy yet has a lovely garlic kick to it, you can buy it in stores however homemade is alway better! Sometimes we mix it up and make some Garlic-Rosemary Potato Wedges since they discovery we have been addicted!
Chill, covered, until ready to use. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Peel the kohlrabi with a small paring knife. You can cook Kohlrabi Fries with Garlic Aioli using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kohlrabi Fries with Garlic Aioli
- It’s 1 of . 4 medium kohlrabi (small or medium-sized have the best flavor).
- It’s 2 of . 2 TBS. melted duck fat, olive oil, melted butter or ghee, or oil of choice.
- You need 4 of . 1/2 tsp. paprika.
- It’s 3 of . 1/2 tsp. salt.
- It’s 5 of . For the aioli.
- It’s 6 of . 2 egg yolks.
- Prepare 7 of . 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 8 of . 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- You need 9 of . 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme.
- Prepare 10 of . 4 teaspoon lemon juice.
- You need 11 of . ¼ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Prepare 12 of . ¾ cup olive oil.
- You need 13 of . 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Meanwhile, make the aioli by adding the egg, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and salt to a blender. Blend on medium speed for few seconds until well combined. Method Wash the kohlrabi, then use a sharp paring knife or good vegetable peeler to peel. In a medium bowl, toss the kohlrabi fries with olive oil, chili powder and ground cumin, coating them evenly.
Kohlrabi Fries with Garlic Aioli step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 475°.
- In a large bowl, mix the cut kohlrabi with the other ingredients, until well coated..
- Place kohlrabi in a single layer on an ungreased, rimmed baking pan..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are as crisp as you like your fries to be..
- When done, sprinkle with additional paprika for color, if desired..
In the meantime, to a small bowl add mayo, lemon juice, prepared horseradish, roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with some garlic aioli and toss to coat the fries. Sprinkle some grated cheese and chopped parsley on top and toss again. Sprinkle with a bit of salt (remember, the cheese is saltand lots of freshly ground pepper. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl.