Creamy Corn Chowder. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Corn Chowder on eBay.
Heat soup to a gentle simmer. This corn chowder recipe is loaded with sweet corn, the bacon adds smokiness, and you will love how creamy and flavorful it is!. I based this corn chowder off my Easy Chicken and Corn Chowder. You can have Creamy Corn Chowder using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Corn Chowder
- Prepare 1 pints of light cream.
- Prepare 8 medium of red potatoes, washed and cubed.
- It’s 2 can of creamed corn.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn.
- It’s 2 can of chicken broth, low sodium.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Rosemary, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 of Cornstarch, as needed (add slowly).
- Prepare 1/4 stick of butter.
It's fairly thick, creamy, and fills you right up. I suppose since corn is in season in the summer and early fall, this is more of a summer soup. How to make creamy corn chowder Begin by sauteing your bacon strips in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat until crisp then remove and set aside on paper towels to drain. A simply delicious corn chowder recipe.
Creamy Corn Chowder instructions
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the onions and garlic. Cook slowly until translucent (do not burn). Once the onions are translucent, add the chicken broth..
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the potatoes. Once the broth begins to boil after passing the potatoes, reduce the heat to medium. Cook the potatoes several minutes until the potatoes soften..
- Add the light cream, corn, rosemary, salt, pepper, and butter..
- Let the chowder cook for a few minutes. Slowly add cornstarch to thicken the chowder until you reach the desired consistency (I add a teaspoon at a time and let the chowder simmer for a minute or so between each teaspoon to allow it to thicken)..
- Once the chowder reaches the desired consistency and you've reached the desired taste with the spices, you may remove from the stove. I try not to cook it too long after adding the cream, etc. because I don't like when the potatoes begin to fall apart..
This corn chowder consists of onion, potatoes, water, milk, cream style corn, sweetcorn and bacon. Serve as a starter for lunch or dinner. Corn chowder is a thick soup that is made primarily with corn. For this recipe, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn! It's really simple to make and is the perfect recipe for beginners.