Creamy Corn. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Cornning? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Creamed corn aka cream-style corn, is a soupy version of sweet corn. It is often sold in cans, and what is so special about it is the creamy texture. You can cook Creamy Corn using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Corn
- Prepare 20 oz of corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in cold water..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
If you are new to creamed corn (or cream-style corn) it is a side dish originating in Native American cuisine, most commonly eaten as a southern food. Creamed corn is partially puréed, releasing the liquid contents of the kernels. It is basically corn in a creamy sauce, but in this version the addition of cream cheese is where it's at. Creamed corn is made by combining pieces of whole sweetcorn with the starchy, milky residue from pulped corn kernels scraped from the cob.
Creamy Corn instructions
- In skillet combine cream, sugar, butter, milk and cheese..
- When it comes to boil, lower heat and add in cornstarch dissolved in cold water and stir..
- After sauce has thickened add in corn kernels. Cook till corn is coked through. Add salt and pepper to taste..
It is commonly eaten in the Midwest and Southern states when corn is in season or around the holidays. Easy Creamed Corn Ingredients Cook corn according to package directions; I use the microwave. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and blend well. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Homemade Creamed Corn is easy to make and so full of flavor!