Mongolian Seitan. This Mongolian Seitan is my version of vegan Mongolian beef, made by tossing crispy pan-fried seitan in a sweet and slightly spicy Asian-inspired sauce. Just like with my General Tso's chickpeas, kung pao chickpeas, and vegan drunken noodles, the origin for Mongolian seitan is not authentic Asian cuisine, but the Americanized version of it. Mongolian seitan ready to serve Just a quick note.
If you love Chinese takeout, you will love this take on P. Slices of seitan are sautéed in soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, laid over a bed of rice, and then topped with. Mongolians often do not eat such ingredients, like corn starch, soy sauce, chickpeas, sesame oil, spices, chili, etc. You can cook Mongolian Seitan using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mongolian Seitan
- It’s of For the Mongolian beef-less sauce :.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold water.
- You need of For the crisped seitan :.
- It’s 11/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 16 oz of homemade seitan, cut into 1 inch pieces.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet on medium high, when the pan is hot, add the seitan, just enough to cover the bottom, don't over lap. You may need to do a few rounds. Vegan Mongolian Beef (Tofu or Seitan!) Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Sometimes during the week, after a busy or stressful day, I crave foods that aren't exactly the healthiest.
Mongolian Seitan step by step
- To make the sauce : Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, stir constantly. After 30 seconds, add the five spice and cook for 30 seconds or more until fragrant..
- Add the soy sauce and brown sugar and stir well. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer until the sugar is dissolved and slightly reduced..
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water, then add it to pan and stir. Cook until the sauce becomes glossy and thickened slightly. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and keep simmering gently until ready to add to the seitan..
- To make the seitan and finish the vegan Mongolian beef : In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the seitan and cook, stirring frequently until slightly browned and crisped around the edges..
- Reduce the heat to low and add sauce to the pan. Stir to coat all of the seitan pieces and continue cooking until the sauce has adhered to the seitan. Remove from the heat and serve hot. With rice and/or vegetables of choice..
There's an insanely good Chinese takeout around the corner from us, and the temptation is real! Today we are making delicious vegan Mongolian "beef" I know you guys are going to love it! It is easy to make, delicious and full of comfort.*. Vegan Mongolian Beef (Made With Seitan) Vegan Mongolian Beef made from chickpeas and seitan, pan-fried until crispy and then covered in a delicious sticky sauce – paired with rice and broccoli it's the perfect vegan dinner! Prepare the yellow onion and bell pepper while waiting.