Croque monsieur with cardamon béchamel. Spread bread slices with béchamel, dividing evenly and extending all the way to the edges. The traditional way to serve Croque Monsieur is with a béchamel sauce. Bechamel sauce is a mild, sauce that is delicious.
It's great for breakfast, but it works even better as lunch or a simple supper. The croque monsieur — literally "mister crunch" — is at the elegant end of the grilled cheese spectrum. The other day I came across a post about Croque Monsieur. You can cook Croque monsieur with cardamon béchamel using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Croque monsieur with cardamon béchamel
- Prepare of Bread (any kind).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Cardamom seeds.
- It’s of Ham (preferably not smoked).
- It’s of Grated Cheese (anything can do but emmental is recommended).
- You need 1 tablespoon of flour.
A Croque Monsieur is basically a ham and cheese sandwich with a Bechamel and melted gruyere topping. If you were to top this sandwich with a fried egg it would become a Croque Madame. Croque Monsieur is a delicious French ham and cheese sandwich made with gruyere, parmesan, ham and a simple béchamel sauce, toasted in the oven. Serve with a green salad and a small cup of French Onion Soup and you have the perfect Parisian meal!
Croque monsieur with cardamon béchamel instructions
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius. Slice the bread. You can also use sliced bread or bread that has gone hard since the béchamel will soften it..
- In a pot at medium head, add the milk, flour, cardamom seeds, salt and pepper. Slowly heat carefully until mixture has changed to a thicker consistency..
- Place bread on an oven proof dish and pour béchamel on top. Add ham and the cheese and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted..
Spread a couple of tablespoons worth of the bechamel on the bottom slice of the bread, just enough to cover it. Benoit will prepare a classic #French #sandwich : the Croque Monsieur, a mix of ham, cheese, bread and white sauce, also known as #Béchamel white sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt butter oven medium heat, then stir in flour to make roux. Slowly whisk in milk; add herbs and garlic. Stir in half of the cheeses with lemon zest, nutmeg/ cardamom (if using) and salt.