Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce. The first step is to make a roux with butter and flour. Start by heating the butter and whisk in equal parts flour, cooking it just until it turns a light golden color. A classic lasagna always consists of pasta sheets, ragù and a béchamel sauce.
For the Bechamel (Mornay) Sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. How to make the Lasagna Sauce. The lasagna sauce, called a ragu, is cooked slowly so the flavors intensify and mellow at the same time. You can cook Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce
- You need of Minced beef.
- Prepare of Minced white onions, spring onions, minced garlic and tomatoes.
- It’s of Salt and pepper, oregano, dried thyme, paprika, cumin, and curry.
- Prepare of Lasagna noodles.
- It’s of For sauce: Milk, flour, Butter.
- You need of For sauce: Your choice of cheese (mozzarella is best).
As the sauce cooks the dried herbs infuse into the mixture whilst the canned tomatoes lose their acidity and thanks to the addition of a little sugar become sweet and delicious. For the top layer add the remaining Parmigiano cheese and basil. Whisk remaining milk into pan; add nutmeg and salt. Season with pepper; remove from heat.
Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce step by step
- In a pot, add white onions and half of the cut spring onions, minced beef..
- Add minced garlic, minced tomatoes, spring onions, and tomato paste.
- Seasoning: salt and pepper, oregano, dried thyme, paprika, cumin, and curry.
- Add a bit of water or beef stock and let it simmer till it's cooked down.
- Prepare the Bechamel sauce: In a pot, butter until melted, flour, whisk very well, then add milk (slowly), then and the cheese (slowly) then a bit of paprika.
- In a buttered baking dish, add a bit of tomato paste on the dish, then add beef, lasagna noodles, beef again, then the Bechamel sauce, then some mozzarella cheese or your choice of cheese, then lasagna noodles, beef… and repeat for one or two more times..
- Last layer: lasagna noodles topped with the sauce and then mozzarella.
- Cover it with foil and leave it 30 minutes in a preheated 180degree oven, then remove foil and add another 20 minutes or until the cheese layer looks brown.
Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce. Secrets to a perfect Bechamel – White Sauce Lasagna is a traditional Italian dish that appeals to people of all ages. This delectable homemade Chicken Lasagna is made with a yummy Bechamel sauce and sprinkled with parmesan and fresh herbs on top. Lasagna with homemade sauce recipe: I came up with this recipe after looking at a few lasagna recipes in. Cook lasagna noodles in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.