Chicken and tomato lasagne with bechamel sauce. Stir in the tomatoes and sugar and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Add the chicken and half of the béchamel sauce, then stir in the tomatoes and basil. White Chicken Lasagna is rich with sharp cheeses, a creamy bechamel sauce and packed with basil, sun-dried tomatoes and tons of garlic flavor.
Add celery and carrots and season with salt. Cover with a layer of noodles. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with the remaining sauce and mozzarella. You can have Chicken and tomato lasagne with bechamel sauce using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and tomato lasagne with bechamel sauce
- Prepare 9 sheets of lasagne.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- You need 3 1/2 oz of mushrooms wiped and sliced.
- You need 12 oz of chicken, cut into chunks.
- It’s 2/3 cup of red wine, diluted with 1/3 cup water.
- You need 1 cup of sieved tomatos.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Bechamel sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheese (or more if you love cheese).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken bolognese: Brown ground chicken (chicken mince) over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken and set aside while you saute onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until they start to soften. Add garlic and herbs and add the chicken back into the pot. Cook for another minute then pour in tomatoes, stock, Balsamic vinegar and sugar.
Chicken and tomato lasagne with bechamel sauce step by step
- Boil lasagne sheets until ready. Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic,cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the mushrooms and chicken and cook until the meat browns..
- Add the wine, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Stir in the tomatoes and sugar and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through..
- Bechamel sauce: melt butter, stir in flour cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat, gradually add in the milk, boil until thickened, cool slightly and add the egg and half the cheese, salt and pepper to taste..
- Arrange in a baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake until done..
Roast for about an hour (longer if needed!), until the tomatoes have really softened and withered. Remove the stems, transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add can of crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme & basil and stir. The first step is to make a roux with butter and flour. Add onion, garlic, celery, peppers, dried tomatoes,tomato paste and seasonings.