Banana Bread with Chocolate Ganache. Sift bread flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. The chocolate chips are just a bonus! With banana breads, the rule is the riper the bananas, the better, because they are sweet and make the bread super moist.
As the banana bread cools, make the ganache. Heat the heavy cream on the stove or heat in the microwave for one minute in a microwave-safe bowl. Then, stir in the chocolate chips with a fork until the ganache thickens. You can have Banana Bread with Chocolate Ganache using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread with Chocolate Ganache
- It’s of ■Banana bread.
- Prepare 100 g (3.5 oz) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 100 g of (3.5 oz, 1/2 cup) granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg, room temperature.
- You need 30 g of (1 oz, 2.5 Tbsp) vegetable oil.
- Prepare 20 g of (0.7 oz, 3.5 Tbsp) almond flour.
- Prepare 200 g of (7 oz, 1 and 3/5 cups) bread flour.
- You need 5 g (1.2 tsp) of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 g (1/2 tsp) of baking soda.
- You need 200 g (7 oz) of banana, net weight, for paste.
- Prepare 90 g (3.2 oz) of banana, net weight, for diced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, for banana paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice, for diced banana.
- Prepare 60 g (2.1 oz) of mixed nuts.
- You need of ■Ganache.
- You need 120 g (4.2 oz) of milk chocolate.
- It’s 80 g of (2.8 oz, 1/3 cup) heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rum.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Let cool for a few minutes before drizzling the ganache over the banana bread. This recipe comes from a special friend of mine at Spend With Pennies. Hop over and you'll love her recipes! Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth and glossy.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Ganache step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/gtgHf_Y3XeI.
- Grease the pan with butter. Sprinkle bread flour onto the pan. Tap it with your hand to remove excess flour. Let it sit in a fridge. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 F..
- Chop mixed nuts; set aside. Cut 200g banana into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Dice 90g banana into about 0.5 cm / 0.2'' cubes and put them in another bowl..
- Add 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice to diced banana and mix well; set aside. Mix 1 Tbsp lemon juice to 200g cut banana and mash them with a fork until smooth..
- Sift bread flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Sift twice; set aside. Cream the butter until soft..
- Add granulated sugar in 3 parts. Mix each time until combined. After adding all, continue to mix for another 1-2 mins. Beat an egg lightly until it gets watery..
- Add the egg to the butter in 3 parts. Mix thoroughly after each addition until smooth..
- Add vegetable oil and mix well until smooth. Add almond flour and mix it until combined while crushing lumps..
- Put 1/3 of dry ingredients and fold it about 10 times. Put half the banana paste and fold it about 10 times. Put half of the remaining dry ingredients and fold it about 10 times..
- Put all the remaining banana paste and fold it about 10 times. Put all the remaining dry ingredients and fold it until powderiness disappears. Scrape off the remaining flour on the inner side of the bowl..
- Add the diced banana and fold it about 10 times. Add the chopped nuts and fold it about 20 times until it gets a little glossy..
- Put it into the prepared pan. Flatten it roughly with a spatula. Drop the pan lightly several times. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 F for 50 mins until golden brown..
- Drop the pan to prevent the cake from shrinking. Let it cool for 20 mins as it is. Remove the cake from the pan while it's warm and wrap it with plastic wrap; set aside..
- 【For ganache】Put heavy cream into a heat-resistant container; set aside. Chop chocolate into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Pour water in a small pot. Bring the water to a boil and turn off the heat. Put the bowl on so as not to touch the hot water directly..
- Wait for 30 sec and melt it. Take the bowl out from the hot water; set aside. Put the heat-resistant container (heavy cream) in the pot and warm it in the hot water over low heat for 2 mins..
- Add the warmed cream to the chocolate in 3 parts. Mix well until smooth. Add rum and mix well until combined. Let it cool for a few minutes until heavy..
- Spread out the ganache roughly over the top of the cakes. Chill it in a fridge for 30-40 mins to harden ganache. It's all done!.
Pour the ganache over the banana bread. It will set as it cools. If you want to tone it down a bit (and I wouldn't blame you), you can skip the chocolate chips and ganache and have a delicious plain chocolate banana bread. Or you can swap the chocolate chips for walnuts or some other kind of nut. This vegan chocolate babka is sweetened with mashed banana for a version of a yeasted banana bread, with a silky chocolate ganache woven through the layers.