Chocolate Chunk Olive Oil Cookies. Bright and fruity extra virgin olive oil makes for a uniquely delicious chocolate chip cookie, paired with two kinds of bittersweet dark chocolate and a pinch of flaky sea salt on top. Not just for savory cooking, olive oil is an underrated ingredient when it comes to baking. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the brown sugar and olive oil from Spain and beat two minutes until glossy. With a fruity, earthy flavor, these olive oil chocolate chunk cookies are out of this world! The olive oil gives this chocolate chip cookie an incredible flavor and moist, chewy texture. You can cook Chocolate Chunk Olive Oil Cookies using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chunk Olive Oil Cookies
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated or coconut sugar.
- You need 1 cup of dark brown sugar, packed.
- You need 2/3 cup of olive oil from Spain.
- You need 6 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of Flaky sea salt.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to mixer and mix on low until barely combined. Add chocolate chips or chunks and mix for a couple seconds. Remove the bowl and finish combining with a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula.
Chocolate Chunk Olive Oil Cookies instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt..
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with a handheld mixer), beat together the egg, vanilla, and granulated/coconut sugar at medium-high speed until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and olive oil from Spain and beat two minutes until glossy..
- Switch to low speed and add in the flour mixture until it is just incorporated. Finish mixing with spatula until a dough comes together. Then gently fold in chocolate chunks..
- Place the dough in a covered container and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop (size 40) or spoon out 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Leave plenty of room in between the cookies: about 9 cookies fit on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with flaky sea salt..
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes until the tops are lightly browned, but not dried out. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack..
Olive Oil Chocolate Chunk Cookies You better believe it, these beyond perfect chocolate chip cookies are made with olive oil instead of butter! Place olive oil, brown sugar, sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low and add eggs, one at a time. Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Dark Chocolate Chunk Olive Oil Cookies A rich chewy chocolate chunk cookie made with both extra-virgin olive oil and butter.