Beef Nihari. Nihari is a beef stew popular in the northern region of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Nothing tastes better than aromatic and spice-laden beef stew where the meat is so tender it falls off the bone. If you love spices in your cooking, hop over to Simply Reem for more delicious recipes.
This is mostly because flour is added to the gravy to make it like a stew consistency. Beef Nihari recipe was initially served as. Nihari is made with different cuts of meat (beef, veal or goat) including goat brain, marrow or joint. You can cook Beef Nihari using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Nihari
- It’s 1 kg of Beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Prepare of Pyaz 2 adad.
- Prepare 2 tsp of G.g paste.
- Prepare of Hari mirch 5 adad.
- Prepare of Namak hasb e zaiqa.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Zeera.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Dhnia powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Darchini, long, tezpat, jyfal.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Lal mirch powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Haldi.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Aata.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sonf pisi hoi.
- Prepare of Hari mirch 6 adad.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dahi.
There is no set rule for which part of the meat should be used. The rule of the thumb is that bones-in meat or separately bones (paya or joints) along with boneless meat should be used. Nihari is best made with beef shin or shank and bone marrow. 'Nalli' is Urdu word which means bone marrow. So a beef or lamb nihari is cooked with beef or lamb bone marrow.
Beef Nihari step by step
- Gosht ko dhokr rkhlen, lal mirch powder,dhnia, pyaz, g.g paste , haldi, namak pees kar masala bnalen, ab oil ma gosht masala ke sath bhoon lein jab gosht ka pani dry hojy to dahi ko paintkr isma mladen or mazeed bhoony iska bd shorba jtna pani shamil kar ke gosht ko galna tak pkain sath ma darchini, long, tezpat, jyfal ko pees kar shamil krden..
- Jab gosht gal jy to aata ko twa par bhoonkr brown krlen jab thanda hojy to to usa thoda sa pani ma ml lein istrh ke lumps na bnain or isa nihari ma mladen or achi trhsa iski mixing karein, nihari ko dhimi aanch par dm par rkhden ab dish out karein or adrk, hari mirch, lemon sa garnish karein. Ready to serve with naan..
Bone marrow and bones are key to the flavor of nihari while tough beef shank meat is perfect for long hour of cooking. Pakistani beef nihari dish is known to have won the hearts of culinary experts since its origin. It is one of the most delectable and intricate items on the menu. This hearty, meaty dish is a breakfast dish that is often served with some fresh naan (traditional bread). You can also have it even with rice.