Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Great recipe for Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. This recipe has been in my family for generations. I've tweaked it over the years cause some ingredients you can't get here lol.
Mix tomato paste into sauteed vegetables and then pour in remaining ingredients for the sauce. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. The sauce will thicken, so thin out with a little water if you like it runny. You can have Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large green bell pepper (optional).
- You need 8 oz of container mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of or more cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of worsteshire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine is best (Chianti or Merlot).
How to Make Healthy Alfredo Sauce. The longest you'll have to wait is for the water to boil for your pasta. Once you have that pasta cooking, start making this alfredo sauce and they should be ready at about the same time. In a large skillet, add the beef and chopped onion and brown.
Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- Brown the meats on medium heat. Add salt, garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Drain the grease if any..
- Add tomatoes, paste and herbs.
- Add beef broth, bay leaf, worsteshier sauce and vinegar..
- Let simmer on low while the noodles cook..
How to Make Tomato Sauce less Acidic. There are tomato lovers and those who don't like tomato sauce to taste so, well, tomato-ey. This trick really doesn't change the acidity of the. In large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, basil, sugar, wine, and crushed red pepper.