Cream corn casserole. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Stir the creamed corn into the butter mixture, along with the drained whole kernel corn.
Next, whisk together the Jiffy corn muffin mix, butter, salt, and eggs. Then, use a spatula to fold in the drained whole kernel corn, the cream-style corn, and the sour cream. Creamed corn is a little more substantial: It's made of corn, water, sugar, corn starch, and salt. You can have Cream corn casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream corn casserole
- Prepare 2 can of cream corn.
- It’s 2 can of kernel corn drained.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 cup of jiffy muffin mix.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Basically it's corn in a sweetened sauce that is thickened with starch. It's good all by itself, but it's amazing when added to creamed corn casserole! After you dump in the corn, add sour cream. Pour all ingredients in casserole dish, and stir.
Cream corn casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- In large bowl mix cream corn, kernel corn, eggs, sour cream, jiffy, sugar, and salt/pepper until well blended..
- Pour in dish. Cube the butter and dot over casserole. Gently stir in mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown..
- It will be a tad jiggly in the middle, so don't be alarmed. Let set for a couple minutes and it will firm up more. You have to take it out when it gets golden or the bottom will burn..
Next, in a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Pour and spread the Jiffy corn casserole mixture evenly into the prepared dish. To make Cream Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese a day in advance, make the filling, place it in the casserole dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the next day. First heat a bit of oil in a casserole. Add dairy free butter, or simply use vegetable broth.