Mike's Garden Vegetable Meatless Spaghetti Sauce. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Great recipe for Mike's Garden Vegetable Meatless Spaghetti Sauce. If you're anything like me – the day after Taco and Greek dinner nights there's always leftover chopped vegetables. So what do you do with them?
Source : Add All Chopped Vegetables To Your Pot Lightly Saut Until Onions And Peppers Are Translucent Add Everything In Your Tomato Sauce Section Simmer For. In a large saucepan or medium stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat for two minutes. Add in the onion, garlic, carrots, green pepper, and summer squash. You can have Mike's Garden Vegetable Meatless Spaghetti Sauce using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Garden Vegetable Meatless Spaghetti Sauce
- You need of ● For The Vegetables.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fresh Chopped Basil Leaves.
- You need 1/2 of Chopped White Onion.
- It’s 1 of t2 Chopped Red Onion.
- You need 2 of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chopped Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of Chopped Yellow Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 Can of Drained Large Black Olives [halved].
- You need 2 Cups of Drained Artichoke Hearts [in seasoned oil].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley.
- It’s as needed of Garlic Olive Oil [to coat pot].
- You need of ● For The Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 2 (24 oz) of Cans Tomato Sauce [your favorite brand].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Roasted Garlic [with sun dried tomatoes].
- Prepare 1 Can of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Quality Deep Red Wine.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Romano Cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Baking Soda Powder [added last at high boil].
- It’s of ● For The Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fennel Seed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- It’s as needed of Shredded Mozzarella [to top].
Vegetarian Pasta Sauce Loaded with fresh vegetables and herbs, this hearty, meatless sauce is a perfect way for gardeners to make delicious use of their harvest. "You can add some of your favorite red wine to the sauce during the cooking process, if you wish." —Jerry Tamburino Sacramento, California Directions. Spaghetti is a staple in our house, and we eat it at least once or twice a month. This recipe is my go to for easy meatless spaghetti sauce. This recipe is both vegan and vegetarian!
Mike's Garden Vegetable Meatless Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- Add all chopped vegetables to your pot. Lightly sauté until onions and peppers are translucent..
- Add everything in your Tomato Sauce section. Simmer for 30+ minutes..
- We usually have homemade jarred roasted garlic with sun dried tomatoes on hand in the fridge. It works great with just about any dish. If interested, see my recipes under Roasted Garlic..
- Boil your noodles with a dash of oil and salt as per manufactures directions..
- Serve with a fresh loaf of soft French bread and garlic butter or honey butter. Just rip and dip!.
It occurred to me recently that not everyone knows just how easy it is to make spaghetti both meatless and delicious. Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers. I'm neither but I LOVE this dish, even thou. Pasta is a vegetarian staple, and for good reason: vary the sauce, and you have a completely different dish. Pesto and marinara are just the beginning.