Tricia's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Find And Rate Low Calorie, Healthy Recipes At SparkRecipes. Plus Use Our Free Recipe Calculator To Find The Calories, Carbs, Fat, And Protein. Brown beef, sausage, and onion over medium heat.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, basil, sugar, wine, and crushed red pepper. My family's secret homemade spaghetti sauce is easy to make using a few staple ingredients you may already have on hand! Perfectly thick and packed with flavor, you'll be ditching that store bought pasta sauce! You can have Tricia's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tricia's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- It’s 8 of Ripe Tomatoes.
- You need 2 of Large Portabella Mushroom Caps.
- Prepare 1 of Large Red Onion.
- You need 2 oz of Fresh Basil.
- You need 6 Cloves of Peeled Garlic.
- You need 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tbls of Sea Salt or pink Himalayan Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s 4 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 lb of Browned Extra Lean Ground Beef.
You can make this quick vegetarian pasta sauce ahead and freeze it for later use! Then, throw in the chopped celery, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften. Dump the rest of the homemade pasta sauce ingredients into the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. How to Make Tomato Sauce less Acidic.
Tricia's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- Put all ingredients except ground beef in a Vitamix Blender on setting 1 and blend until course chopped. You can also chop with food chopper or by hand..
- Pour mixture into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add browned ground beef and stir.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer on low for at least an hour..
- Serve over pasta or veggie noodles!.
There are tomato lovers and those who don't like tomato sauce to taste so, well, tomato-ey. This trick really doesn't change the acidity of the. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the sausage, beef, onion, and garlic until well browned; drain fat. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Mix in sugar and season with basil, fennel seed, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.