Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce. Meat in chicken wings is sweet and soft, surrounded by enough skin, fried into golden-brown and covered with a kind of sauce that is made from fish sauce + sugar + ground black pepper + aromatic and crispy shallots and garlic. Very suitable for young people and children. Place the chicken wings in a separate large bowl with ½ cup of the fish sauce mixture and toss.
Put the cornstarch in a shallow bowl, add the wings and turn to coat. Heat a shallow amount of oil in your wok and fast fry the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side. Remove the chicken form the oil, remove any excess oil by placing on some kitchen roll, then serve. You can cook Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce
- It’s 5 of chicken wings =600 gr.
- Prepare of Garlic, fish sauce, ground black pepper, cooking oil.
You see this on every Vietnamese restaurant menu. It's fried chicken wing with a fine outer crust, tossed in a sweet fish sauce glaze. For those who are absolutely terrified of the smell of death coming from a bottle of fish sauce, this is the perfect recipe to overcome tha The wings are coated with flour and deep fried in hot oil until golden and soaked in delectable dipping sauce. Take a first bite and you will feel the delightful perfect combination of the wings and the sauce.
Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce step by step
- Wash chicken wings well, I usually some salt to gently rub on the skin and rinse them well under the tap to get rid of bad smell. Cut at elbow joints or into small pieces as desired..
- Put chicken wings into a bowl, marinate with 1/3 teaspoon of seasoning powder, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fish sauce. Squeeze liquid out of minced shallots and garlic into chicken wings, keep the residue. Mix well and set aside to marinate for about 15 minutes..
- Peel 1 shallot and 2 cloves of garlic then mince or crush..
- Take 10-12 cloves of garlic to crush then dice into small pieces, set aside..
- Mix the sauce: I use 30°N fish sauce. 3 tablespoons of fish sauce=35 gr+2 teaspoons of sugar=25 gr+1/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper, stir until dissolved. (This is for children. For adults, we can add chili powder to make it more aromatic than using fresh chili).
- Put the frying pan over the heat, add cooking oil, when the oil is hot, add chicken wings to fry, (oil is only about 1 cm deep and add from big to small chicken pieces), use medium heat, flip each chicken piece to make sure it is evenly golden-brown on both sides. Fry from 15-20 minutes and take out the pieces that are already golden-brown..
- Drain off excess oil, use paper towels to clean the frying pan (use chopsticks to clamp the paper towels and rub the dark gold crust off the frying pan, remove all these crusts, no need to clean the oil).
- If your fried chicken wings are not burnt, take back some drained oil into a small ladle and pour back into the frying pan, when the oil is hot, add minced garlic to fry until golden-brown and crispy, remove garlic from the pan..
- Pour the residue of minced shallot and garlic into the frying pan and fry until fragrant, pour the bowl of mixed fish sauce into the pan, use the minimum heat, pour all the fried chicken wings into the pan and toss evenly in 3-4 minutes, add fried garlic and mix well, turn off the heat, remove pan from the heat..
Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket being sure not to crowd. The wings will be golden brown and crispy. When the wings are done, toss with the fish sauce to taste. In a bowl, whisk the fish sauce, sugar and crushed garlic. Add the wings and toss to coat.