Chocolate butter biscuits (Irmgards homemade). Choose from Variety of Luxury Food Hampers and Gift Boxes. Chocolate butter biscuits (Irmgards homemade) Irmgard Gater Warrington, England. Lovely crispy biscuits low in cals and great with a brew.
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in flour and cocoa powder. Beat the butter in a bowl until soft, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. You can cook Chocolate butter biscuits (Irmgards homemade) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate butter biscuits (Irmgards homemade)
- You need 125 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of coco powder (12g).
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s 100 grams of Cold unsalted butter cubed.
- You need 50 grams of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Add the vanilla extract and beat again. Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated (add a few drops of. Great recipe for Chocolate Orange Afternoon Treats. Seen this biscuit cutter/stamper set and friend bought it me, this recipe was included..
Chocolate butter biscuits (Irmgards homemade) instructions
- Sift flour coco powder and salt in a bowl and give a good mix.
- Add butter and using fingertips crumble into bread crumbs..
- Add sugar and continue making bread crumbs if not all done or just mix in if it has..
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and using a flat knife mix to a dough, I used the back of a dessert spoon half way.
- Wrap in cling film or food storage bag and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, put oven on to 200°/400f/gas mark 6 and set timer for 10 minutes..
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Using flour roll pastry out to 1/4" thick and cut into shapes and sizes required. Place on tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are crispy. Mine took 13 minutes..
- Leave on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool..
These cookies are dipped in tempered chocolate for additional yumminess. They'll still be a little soft when they come out the oven but will harder a little when they cool. See recipes for Irmgards Pork & Rice too. See recipes for Irmgards Pork & Rice, BBQ RIBS with SAUCE (Irmgards) too. The book is from my late ex mum in law who sadly passed away last year so I want to do her proud again.