Chocolate Banana bread. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Banana bread is one of those things people rarely make on purpose, only when those last three bananas are almost black. This scrumptious banana-walnut loaf, spiked with dark chocolate chips, is so good you'll want to make it well before the bananas get to that condition. You can have Chocolate Banana bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Banana bread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Wet ingredients:.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ripened bananas or 3 bananas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil (canola or vegetable).
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Bread To begin, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Well, if chocolate and banana were to marry, this would be the result—a richly chocolate banana bread, infused with cocoa, speckled with chocolate chips, with warm hints of butter, vanilla, and allspice. Wondering how to freeze, store and thaw your banana bread?
Chocolate Banana bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 for dark loaf pan. For glass loaf pan to 325..
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix. You want a lumpy, thick texture..
- Use Pam spray for loaf pan and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top if desired..
- Bake for 60-70 minutes in dark pan. 45-50 mins in glass pan. Cooking times vary by oven type..
- Check for doness with a toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean..
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes then serve and enjoy!🤗🤗🤗.
Click here for all the ins and outs on how to keep your banana bread at its best!� It is the BEST banana bread and I think you should make a loaf TODAY. I hope you have brown bananas handy. Oh, and if you want to really impress your sweetheart on Valentine's Day, make a loaf of this Chocolate Banana Bread. It is chocolate heaven and better than store bought chocolates or flowers because it is baked with LOVE! Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.