Fish Gravy. The Best Fish Gravy Recipes on Yummly These picks have the lowest levels of mercury. How to Make Perfect Gravy This fish gravy is simple yet elegant & damn delicious.
Soak cod fish in water overnight. Rinse and cover with water and boil until it flakes with a fork. The white wine sauce is one of the most basic sauces for fish and seafood dishes. You can have Fish Gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of salmon or any fish.
- Prepare of To sauté and grind.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 4 of garlic pods.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of For the gravy.
- You need 3 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 5 tsp of homemade kulambu milagai thool (or replace with 2 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp coriander powder).
- You need of Tamarind water(water extracted from 1 Big lemon size tamarind).
- It’s of Salt as required.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of To garnish.
- Prepare 4 of stem coriander leaves.
It's also the base from which a number of other classical sauces are built—such as the herb sauce, the shrimp sauce or the Venetian sauce, which features tarragon vinegar much like the traditional bearnaise sauce, along with chopped chervil and shallots. Sliced tofu is marinated in whiskey (or sherry), fish sauce, light soy sauce, black soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir-fried with cashews, garlic, onion, and red chile peppers. Pair with rice and a curry or tom ka gai. "This is INCREDIBLE," raves SunnyDaysNora. "The sauce is fabulous. She called it gravy but my sister Chris said that sounds nasty.
Fish Gravy instructions
- Wash and keep the fish aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add in onion and garlic. sauté well. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Switch off the flame and add fennel seeds and coconut. Cool it and grind it into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil. Sauté onion until oil separates. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Add in salt and spice powder. Mix well. Add ground paste and tamarind water. Bring it to boil. Let it boil until raw smell goes away or until gravy gets little thicken. Add in fish pieces and cook it for 5-10 mins. (When you start seeing the bubbles switch off the flame.).
- Serve with rice, idli or dosa..
It was one of the best things that Grandma made. It must have been warm on those cold winter nights. Scrape fish off bone and grind fish, onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic; mix in green onions and parsley. Dip in flour and brown in pot. Fish,hushpupies,a pot of grits and fish gravy.