Pizza Dough. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water.
It is best if prepared in advance and refrigerated overnight. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. You'll use the dough hook on your stand mixer to combine the ingredients before. You can cook Pizza Dough using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It’s 622.5 g of Bread Flour (or All-Purpose Flour).
- You need 13.5 g of Salt.
- You need 405 g of Water at 110°F (1 3/4 cup).
- It’s 2.25 g of Cake Yeast (or 1.5 g Dry Yeast).
- You need as needed of Olive Oil,.
Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.
Pizza Dough step by step
- Combine flour and salt in a stand mixer bowl, mix bread flour and salt thoroughly..
- CAKE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 65 °F. Add water to a new bowl. Add cake yeast and gently stir to combine. ACTIVE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 110 °F (45-50 seconds in the microwave). Add water to a new bowl. Add yeast and gently stir to combine. Add a pinch of sugar. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour in the water and yeast..
- Using a wooden spoon, mix ingredients together until you have a shaggy, rugged mass of dough..
- In a stand mixer equipped with the dough hook, mix dough on medium speed for about seven and a half minutes, or until the dough has formed a uniform mass and pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl..
- Dust your work surface with flour. Turn dough onto the work surface and shape into a ball..
- Ferment dough for 5–8 hours in a covered container..
- Using a scale, divide the dough into 230g portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Pour a dollop of olive oil into the palm of your hand, and lightly roll each ball on the countertop to cover with oil. This helps the dough retain moisture as it rests in the next step..
- Transfer dough to the fridge and chill, uncovered, for 10–30 minutes. Cover with an airtight lid and let rest overnight in the fridge..
- Proof in warm room until dough is relaxed and ready to stretch, about 20 minutes..
- Each pie should be about 36–40 cm (14–15 in) across..
Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. The difference between Pizza and Bread dough is Pizza dough is made with a higher protein flour other than that they both use the same ingredients, yeast, flour, salt and water. How to Freeze Pizza Dough Let the dough rise before freezing, then divide the dough into your desired pizza portions, place in airtight freezer bags and freeze. Our pizza dough recipe uses all-purpose flour which lends to a softer and all around basic dough that works well with any type of pizza you want to make. Bread flour is also very common and makes a.