Super Easy Fish Sauce Wings. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In a large wok, heat about two tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the garlic until fragrant.
Dissolve the sugar, garlic and chili mixture with the water then add the lime juice. Set the sauce aside for the flavors to meld while you make the chicken wings. Lightly pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels (this helps make them crispier). You can cook Super Easy Fish Sauce Wings using 9 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Fish Sauce Wings
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 2 pounds of chicken wing flats.
- It’s 2 of Tbl. Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 of ground black/white pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need of Cooking.
- It’s 1 of corn starch or rice flour.
- Prepare of Oil.
Mince the garlic with the salt. We used a garlic press and mixed the salt in. Add the fish sauce and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Place the chicken wings in a separate large bowl with ½ cup of the fish sauce mixture and toss.
Super Easy Fish Sauce Wings step by step
- Get chicken portions or flats. Trust me on this. It's the middle part of a chicken wing. If you want to deep fry instead of pan frying, it may not matter, and you can use the drums also, but we are pan frying here, flats make it easy..
- This is how I buy them here..
- Now use a little salt, some pepper, and garlic powder, I just sprinkle it on one side. It will mixed in, so no need to do both sides. Not too much salt, fish sauce has salt in it also..
- This is the fish sauce I use, but use what you like..
- Now, we want the fish sauce in constant contact with the wings. I find a locking plastic bag works the best for this. Put your wings in, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of fish sauce. 1 Tbl. per pound of wings give or take. Massage the wings to distribute the sauce and seasoning..
- Here you can see the fish sauce all up in the wings. Place in refrigerator until needed. 1-3 hours typically..
- After marinade time had elapsed, and you're ready to fry these, set about a 1/4 inch of oil in a skillet. Heat to mediumish. Not super hot. You basically want the oil to come up about half way on the flats..
- Here is my setting, that just happened to work fine for me..
- Now pull out the wings, and set on a paper towel.
- Place another paper towel on top, pat dry..
- Here is my pile, all patted dry.
- Now take 1 batch worth of wings, not all of them, and place in a bowl..
- Put some corn starch/rice flour on them.
- Mix them to cover with the corn starch/rice flour.
- Now we want to remove anything that is extra, we just want a light coating. I use a fine mesh strainer, and just bounce a couple at a time until the extra falls off.
- Now place them in the hot oil (very carefully) the pretty side, or top side, down. This is why we are using flats, less oil, even frying. You don't get that with drums..
- Fry for 4 minutes.
- Flip each over, cook 3 minutes.
- Remove to drain, cook other batches the same way. I will usually do the coating, and ready the next batch while one is frying. Doing the coating to early will make it gummy..
Marinade the chicken wings with the fish sauce and ground cumin. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or in a deep saucepan. Add the wings and toss to coat. Make your fried wings according to your favorite recipe, coat the wings in this sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds just prior to serving. You should be able to coat about a dozen wing pieces with the recipe.