Fried Chicken Wings with Japanese sweet sauce. Fried Chicken Wings with Japanese sweet sauce. Wash the chicken wings, and dry with paper towel. Crispy Japanese fried chicken wings glazed with a sweet and garlicky glaze.
So sweet, so flavorful, so crispy, so moist! … Mix soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar in a sauce pan, then heat over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Heat oil over medium low heat, then fry chicken wings both sides until its golden brown. The dish hails from Nagoya and is made by glazing crisp fried wings in a sweet and savory sauce. You can have Fried Chicken Wings with Japanese sweet sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Wings with Japanese sweet sauce
- It’s 6 of Chicken wings.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Potato starch.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Sake.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Black sesame.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of White sesame.
- Prepare of Oil for fry.
Unlike the other Japanese fried chicken, Tebasaki is always made with bone-in chicken wings, has no breading, and is seasoned after it's fried. Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour. These crispy chicken wings are addicting not only because of the sauce that it's tossed in, but because they're fried to a gold crisp. Every bite is slightly crunchy from the flour batter, the chicken meat is juicy down to the bone and the sweet/spicy sauce is finger biting good.
Fried Chicken Wings with Japanese sweet sauce instructions
- Wash the chicken wings, and dry with paper towel. Then poke the chicken skin with fork (2~3 times).
- Thinly coat the chicken wings with potato starch..
- Mix soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar in a sauce pan, then heat over low heat to dissolve the sugar..
- Heat oil over medium low heat, then fry chicken wings both sides until its golden brown..
- Take off the excess oil of the fried chicken wings, then put those in 3..
- Reduce the sauce and thicken. Make sure the fried chicken wings are coated with sauce..
- Plate 6 on a plate, and sprinkle sesame..
Triple-crunch crispy fried chicken wings tossed in a sticky-sweet spicy sauce. The wings stay crispy even when they're no longer hot! If you love fried chicken but don't like deep frying food at home, you're not alone. Over the years I've avoided deep frying my food whenever possible. Stir the sweet chile sauce and sriracha together in a large bowl.