Sweet BBQ sauce. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Liquid Smoke if desired and seasonings. Cook and stir until heated through.
Right in your saucepan mix together all of the ingredients. This sauce is made with a ketchup base which makes it simple to toss together. You can enjoy your sauce immediately after mixing it together if you are in a hurry. You can have Sweet BBQ sauce using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet BBQ sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of ketchup.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 1/2 of teapoons dry mustard.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mustard.
- You need 2 splashes of Tabasco.
It's sweet, tangy, thick, and includes ketchup and molasses. Texas-style BBQ sauce is sometimes known as "mop sauce" or "basting sauce." It's typically thinner than Kansas City-style BBQ sauce. In a blender, combine brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce. Season with mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
Sweet BBQ sauce instructions
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Turn on slow and increase speed until desired consistency is achieved. Season to taste.
This Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe is the perfect sweet sauce for burgers, wings, chicken, and more. It's wonderfully sticky and very kid-friendly, making it a great sauce to have on hand for weekday dinners or big group barbecues with family and friends. Does anyone have a recipe for a BBQ sauce that is NOT sweet? One that does not contain sugar, or molasses or honey? BBQ in North America is most often copied from the Americans and I find, (at least in the popular culture represented on TV and in grocery stores and many web-based recipe.